Thematic Product Development Specialist
Inspire with us for holidays in Azerbaijan!
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
The ideal candidate has a passion for nature tourism development, assessment of regions of Azerbaijan for potential tourism products development as hiking, trekking, mountain biking and etc. He/ She should have strong desire to travel to regions for exploration of possible nature related themes and routes development
We are looking for an experienced Thematic Product Development Specialist to liaison between departments for analyzing and evaluating business systems and user needs, as well as documenting requirements, defining scope and objectives and formulating systems to parallel overall business strategies.
• Design new routes, itineraries, tours and experiences (further called product) as per the approved project plans
• Research and market analyze for tourism products trends and competitor destination analyses
• Be in constant communication with industry partners and Destination Management Organizations (or TIC’s) to get understanding of product gaps based on their experiences with tourists
• Support presentation of new products to local industry and within the organization
• Prepare itineraries as per request forms
• Implement and support action plan on promotion of new tourism products new products and service
• Research on possible stakeholders needs to enhance level of products and experiences to national and international levels
• Recommendation on the nature and scope of present existing products by reviewing product specifications and requirements
• Regulate and increase tourism experiences and activities, to create good conditions for infrastructure, facilities and services in place, to ensure and increase quality standards of existing tourism products
• Strong coordination establishment between public and private sector for wellbeing and development of existing products
• Research for specific topic by using entrusted sources
• Provide content for brochures, magazines, website, platforms and others
• Share needs and shortages of products with manager
• Report budget utilization and spending
• Support governmental development programs in cooperation with Regional Development unit of STA
• Compile scopes for owned projects
• Education in Tourism and Business administration. Certification and training backups in a related field is desirable
2+years’ experience in a tourism industry (hospitality, tourism organization, tourism NGO, travel agency, hotel and tourism sector).
• Solid understanding of Project Planning and Implementation
• Knowledge on destination development
• Strong communication skills to build strong relations with stakeholders
• Ability to transform ideas from stakeholders into destination development requirements
• Strong Time Management skills
• Ability to create structured and organized project documents, user manuals and reports
• Excellent Azeri, English verbal communication and written skills
Candidates are requested to send their CVs to email@example.com until 02.04.2020.
Please indicate the name of the position (Thematic Product Development Specialist) you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.