Job Title: Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Location: Azerbaijan, Onshore
A future potential vacancy has arisen externally for an Accountant (Accounts Payable) as part of the Onshore Business Unit and is available for Azerbaijani citizens only.
The Accountant (Accounts Payable) will report to the Senior Accountant (Accounts Payable).
The Accountant (Accounts Payable) is responsible for the day-to-day activities of Accounts Payable, timely processing of Accounts Payable invoices, scheduling of payments and reconciliation to vendor statements.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
To assist the Senior Accountant (Accounts Payable) as directed in the following:
• Timely processing of Accounts payable invoices, in line with purchase orders, contracts and VIM approvals.
• Ensure vendors payment are processed within reasonable terms, while maximizing cash flow.
• Weekly information on actual and forecasted AP Payments.
• Timely reconciliation of vendor statements/accounts.
• GRIR Maintenance and monthly analysis.
• Working with SCM for resolution of invoicing issues and advising on the application of taxes (WHT/VAT etc.).
• Ensure the prompt and accurate return of statutory forms to the various departments including personal income taxes, VAT, WHT etc.
• Maintain strict data security as required by the Data Protection Act.
• Preparation of monthly journals for insurance (medical, liability, machinery etc.) and other journals as required.
• Managing Intercompany and confirming month-end balances.
• Preparation of month-end analysis of G/L accounts with regards to vendors, down payments, prepayments and WHT (both vendors and corporate).
• Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
• Assist with client and tax audits by providing them with requested information.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with Company Procedures.
• Provide Holiday Cover within the department as required.
• Any other reasonable duties to be performed within the Finance team.
• Recognized qualification related to the discipline.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Good level of verbal and written English language.
• High level of verbal and written Azerbaijani language.
• Experience in an accounting or similar role.
• SAP experience required.
• Ability to self-priorities work load to meet deadlines.
• Microsoft excel experience essential.
• Commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
• Well-developed communication and organizational skills with a structured approach.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• High degree of integrity, ability to work with sensitive data and maintain trust and confidentiality.
• Accuracy and attention to details.
• Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role, please apply via the following link: https://turandrilling.com/careers
Application deadline: 5th May 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.