EUROPEAN AZERBAIJAN SCHOOL
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Reports To: School Director/Head of HR and Internal Operations Department
To support the School in raising the visibility by carrying out an effective marketing and communications plan in order to attract new students across the School’s education divisions, publicise the strengths of the academic programs and teaching stuff and promote the profile of the School as a whole to external audiences.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
a) Website and other e-marketing communications
1. Under the supervision of the School Director and Head of HR and Internal Operations, is responsible for the EAS website, as well as for updating content, photos and information on the website;
2. Creating fresh and up-to-date web content, to pass to the Web Development Officer and Web Designer as necessary;
3. Delivering content via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, School e-mail or direct mail and updating the School’s social media accounts;
4. Providing ideas and input into the development of new e-marketing materials.
b) Marketing collateral and publicity material
1. Assists with production, delivery, distribution of School publications such as school catalogs, print materials and brochures in both English and Azerbaijani;
2. Writing and producing marketing materials (brochures, posters, flyers etc.) in both English and Azerbaijani for the School’s programmes, liaising with the relevant academic staff including the Director, Principals and Admission staff to update content as necessary;
3. Preparing PowerPoint presentations for parents at recruitment events;
4. Responsible for the School’s publicity stands and other event-support materials, ordering new stock as required and ensuring the supply of stock to events;
5. Selection and ordering of promotional materials for exhibitions and for use as corporate gifts.
c) Public Relations
1. Liaison with academic and administrative staff to request and collate information for in-house publications;
2. Proactively searching out information for PR purposes and writing press releases;
3. Liaison with, and providing information to the media and arranging interviews with members of staff where necessary;
4. Maintaining a photo library and arranging external photo shoots and filming with placement students as well as in-house photo shoots with School staff and students;
5. Arranges for the creation of videos promoting the school which can be used during the recruiting of students (Azerbaijani and foreign) and the recruiting of foreign hire teachers.
d) Advertising (printed media, outdoor and new media)
1. Supporting the School in booking, designing and tracking advertising for the School as required;
2. Creative input into new advertising campaigns;
3. Researches the programs, tuitions and publications of other Azerbaijan schools similar in character and suggests specific improvements for the approval of the School Director;
e) Exhibitions and recruitment visits
1. Coordinating the School’s presence at exhibitions both nationally and internationally;
2. Representing and promoting the School at national and international exhibitions and providing market analysis post-event.
1. Assistance and coordination at Open Days School-wide;
2. Coordinating the School’s annual graduation and prize-giving;
3. Marketing support for the School’s annual Induction activities;
4. Assistance in the growing number of other School events:, major speakers’ events, dinners, change management forum, masterclasses etc.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience:
• Relevant degree from a university or from an institution of equivalent status and at least two years experience working in publicity or public relations. Additional related education or certification(s) may substitute for the required experience. Preference will be given to candidates with a specific degree/coursework in public relations, journalism, or related field.
• Ability to establish priorities; organize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously;
• Ability to assist in developing, implementing and evaluating public relations and marketing goals;
- Ability to coordinate production and printing of publications and promotional materials in an effective and appropriate manner;
• Ability to edit and proof written copy for publications, broadcast, and other media outlets;
- Knowledge of principles of public communications, information and relations;
- Prior successful experience working in an educational setting preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills:
• Works well with others from diverse backgrounds.
• Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team atmosphere.
• Refraining from negative talk and gossip (contributing to the positive moral of the school).
• Solves problems in an appropriate way.
• Works well under pressure and meets deadlines.
- Language Skills:
• Excellent command of English and Azerbaijani languages; knowledge of Russian is an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Ability to communicate effectively in Azerbaijani and English.
- Computer and Equipment Usage Skills:
• Proficiency in the usage of database software, Internet software, e-mail and word processing software.
• Ability to proficiently use the following programs strongly preferred: MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Ability to operate and use photographic equipment;
• To have knowledge of principles and techniques of printing and digital photography; proper trade practices, procedures, terminology, and techniques required for various graphic effects; operation of personal computer software such as FileMaker Pro, InDesign, Word, Excel.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.