“THE EUROPEAN AZERBAIJAN SCHOOL” EDUCATION COMPLEX” LLC (EAS)
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR
a Design Technology teacher (secondary school)
The "European Azerbaijan School" Education Complex" LLC (EAS) is a private school authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The school is offering international programs for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) authorized in 2017, Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) implemented in 2015 and the IB Diploma Program (DP) authorized in 2015. We are currently working to be authorized in 2020 with the Middle Years Program (MYP) to become an IB World School.
The European Azerbaijan School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of Design Technology (MYP & DP). This position could carry a position of responsibility as Curriculum Leader.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Secondary Deputy Principal Academic, the IB Curriculum Coordinator and colleagues to ensure the effective delivery of the MYP & DP programme and to design and implement a relevant, challenging and rigorous curriculum;
• Plan and deliver lessons in the relevant subject area, ensuring attention is given to appropriate differentiation;
• Contribute to collaborative learning at all levels of school life;
• Create inquiry-based classrooms that develop critical thinking skills, knowledge and a range of skills within an environment based on trust and respect;
• Develop appropriate assessment tasks, providing timely and effective feedback that enhances pupils’ learning;
• Communicate effectively with pupils, parents and colleagues in a professional manner;
• Attend Parents’ Meetings, Open Mornings and Professional Development as appropriate;
• Assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the Secondary Principal or Deputy;
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Speciality;
• A recognized teaching qualification for the required age range (e.g. B.Ed., PGCE);
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience in secondary years education;
• Previous experience of teaching the IB MYP and IB DP programme is preferred;
• Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• English language certificate.
CVs should include the following information:
- Full name;
- Date of birth;
- All detailed information about higher education;
- All detailed information about official work experience;
- Names and contact details of 2 professional referees.
CVs will be shortlisted based on a candidate’s work experience and meeting the requirements. Successful candidates will be tested for their subject knowledge and competency:
- Subject, English language tests;
- A pedagogical essay;
- Demonstration lesson;
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please mention the title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
There is a rolling deadline for submissions but the sooner the better and we reserve the right to close any interview process for any specialism once a suitable candidate is found.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by June 30th, 2020.