Position: Site Reliability Engineer
Department: Information Technology
Division: IT Operations
Reports to (position): DevOps Team Leader
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault tolerant systems. SRE is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency responce, and capacity planning.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Analyzing system and application logs to understand the root of the problem
- Other specific duties as assigned by the line manager
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Education: Bachelor degree in Computer science or related technical field
• Work experience: Minimum 3 years
• License / Certificate: N/A
• Foreign Language: English (upper-intermediate)
• Computer Skills: Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python or Go. Highly preferred; Linux OS family, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Terraform, CircleCi or Jenkins
• Product Knowledge: Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design. Interest in desighing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• Other: A team player able to work effectively in a team fostered and multi-tasking environment. Systematic problem-solver with strong communication skills.
Interested Candidates please send your CV to email@example.com indicating “Site Reliability Engineer / Vacancy № 1003315” in the subject line of your message.
Otherwise, your candidacy will not be considered.