“European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC
Early Learning Center (ELC) Coordinator
General Description of the Position:
The Early Learning Centre (ELC) Coordinator will oversee the day to day running of the ELC. In particular, he/she will be responsible for the pastoral care, administration and the development of curriculum in the ELC. The Coordinator is responsible for the direction and supervision of the educational personnel who perform their respective functions within the Early Learning Center. The Coordinator reports to the School Director.
To provide a challenging, effective, well-rounded international educational experience for the students from three years old to five years old at the “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordination, leadership and management of the ELC teaching programs and activities.
• Development and implementation of the ELC curriculum.
• Ensures that ELC curriculum provides for the development of international mindedness and global citizenship, balances the development of the essential elements of the Primary Year Program into teaching, learning and assessment.
• Works with the IB - PYP Coordinator/Curriculum Coordinators to ensure current innovative educational practice, relevant curriculum content and regular assessment of the educational quality.
• Leads a system of ELC staff monitoring and supervision whereby all teachers receive systematic feedback on their professional performance.
• Manages the ELC school budget in conjunction with the School Director.
• Assists in the process of recruiting and retaining high quality teachers and teacher associates for ELC.
• Plans, proposes and manages staff assignments.
• Organizes programs for assistance and orientation for new teachers and associate teachers.
• Oversees the development of the master timetable for the ELC.
• Develops and implements the ELC school calendar in the context of the whole school calendar.
• Develops effective methods of communicating with and educating the parents of Early Years children.
• Develops effective Teacher Parent conferences and Open House evenings.
• Remains current in educational developments by maintaining professional memberships and contacts and by pursuing personal professional development.
• Works with staff to create and maintain a consistent and fair behavior management system for students.
• Supervises and approves field trips, staff development activities, assemblies, report card distribution, parent/teacher conferences, and other special events.
• Develops procedures for maintenance of permanent records.
• Attends ELC school performances, activities and events.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the School Director.
• Serves in the Senior Management Team as an advisor to the School Director. Contributes actively and creatively supports the Senior Management Team.
• Works cooperatively with other administrative personnel at EAS.
• Works with the Primary Principal to see that there is a smooth transition between ELC and Primary programs.
• Works cooperatively and in open, clear communication with students, faculty members, and parents of EAS.
• Finds methods to help the different cultures within the school work collaboratively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with teaching and leadership at Early Childhood level desired;
- Educational background or strong knowledge of the fundamentals of an Early Childhood program;
- Knowledge of the PYP program and how this is best adapted to the ELC;
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Effective communication skills for both the parent and staff community;
- Ability to fluently communicate in English and Azerbaijani;
- Sound IT skills;
- Personally models the characteristics of the IB Learner Profile;
- Is effective at developing teachers and their practice;
- Maintains a positive, interactive and transparent relationship with the school community.
- Works well with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Focuses on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; contributes to building a positive team spirit;
- Is friendly, personable and diplomatic in dealing with all members of the school community;
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work in an environment with constant interruptions;
- Is on time, punctual to meetings, knows how to manage a schedule, is organized.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in Azerbaijani and English;
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, staff or members of the community;
- Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.);
- Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet, Word Processing.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: email@example.com
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by July 20th, 2020.
About the “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC
“The European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS) is a private co-educational school founded in 2011. The school is authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan but differs significantly from government schools in offering special international programs for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) and the IB Diploma Program. The school has grown from the original 95 students in 2012 to the current population of more than 900 and includes an Early Years Program (ages 3-5 years) in addition to its 1-11 grade program. The school is also a member of the Council of International School (CIS) network.