Onshore External Vacancies
Job Title: Contracts Specialist
Location: Azerbaijan, Onshore
A vacancy has arisen externally for a Contracts Specialist position as part of the Onshore Business Unit and is available for Azerbaijani citizens only.
This role will be part of the Supply Chain Team, within the Procurement Department, reporting to the Country Supply Manager.
The candidate will be a focal point for Supply Chain Management (SCM) Contracts. Assist in setting the policy, associated controls and governance processes relating to the purchase of goods and services throughout the business. Provide guidance to the Operations and Maintenance on all aspects of SCM Contracting Principles. Establish and maintain effective internal and external relationships mitigating risk throughout the supply chain and promoting safe, effective, trouble free operations.
Key Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Support the continual development and implementation of a robust SCM contracts governance program, ensuring that locally and globally, SCM conform to all Company and SCM Policies and Standards, fully meeting the Company’s obligations under ABC legislation.
• Work with the Operations and Maintenance Teams to implement a contracting strategy and implement in accordance with SCM Contracting Principles.
• Ensure robust contract management processes are implemented for key contracts utilizing competent SCM resources at a corporate and regional level.
• Develop a Contracts Centre of Excellence to allow the business to have a structured, systematic approach to contracts management and contracting principles.
• Promote effective communication with Operations and E&M leadership to promote SCM standards and procedures to ensure good contracting practice is cascaded down to rig management level.
• Maintain awareness of SCM and contracting best practice in relation to the oil & gas marketplace and act as the functional expert in these matters.
• Deliver allocated targets from the global supply chain annual business plan.
• Assist the supply chain leadership to deliver the allocated targets in the annual business plan.
• Seek assistance from the supply chain leadership to deliver improvements in the monthly KPI reporting.
• Make a significant contribution to the creation of supply chain procedures and their ongoing revision to reflect changes in business practice.
• Meet the required Company policies including requirements for ISO Standards.
• Bachelor’s degree in law, international relations, contracting principles or related field is required.
• Proven experience (3 years) in contracts management within an Oil and Gas or large process industry (petrochemical, pharmaceutical, utilities, CPG or food).
• Having experience in defining long-term contracting strategies and the delivery of the accompanying plans is desirable.
• A skilled negotiator, highly analytical, creative and an effective communicator.
• Leadership and interpersonal skills.
• A persistent attention to details and ability to maintain a focus on simplicity while dealing with complex challenges.
• Knowledge of Azerbaijan as well as common international law is advantageous.
• Must be well organized, proactive and a good communicator.
• Understanding of the Oil & Gas sector marketplace, market forces strong commitment to safe working practices, policies and legislation.
• Fluency in Azerbaijani and English languages (both verbal and written) is must.
• SAP Skills are desirable.
• Experience within an equivalent role is advantageous.
If you feel you have the skills, experience and approach necessary to perform this role, please apply via the following link: www.turandrilling.com/careers
Application deadline: 9th July 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.