Work experience requirements
• Overseas or foreign company background is preferable (Work Experience in Oil and Gas or related sphere)
• International certificates or professional accreditations in Finance CMAA, ACCA
• Minimum 8 years related experience ( 3 Years as Finance Manager )
• Bachelor’s or Masters degree in finance, business, business accounting or other related fields.
• Attention to detail, ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial reports.
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, Azerbaijani & Russian.
• Effective Microsoft Office skills, ERP system and Accounting/Finance Software expertise.
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, governance & commercial processes.
• Working knowledge of statutory taxation, PSA & HGA taxation and financing of businesses.
• Business Risk Analysis, Financial Reporting
• Strong analytical, decision-making, leadership, negotiation and communication skills.
• Proven ability to manage accounting and finance teams.
• Ability to lead and direct efforts to reduce cost and control expenditure.
• Ability to lead budget reviews and forecast changes during the year to ensure the businesses remain focused and aligned with the targets set in the budget.
Activities will include but not limited to:
• Design and implementation of all Accounting & Finance and Information Systems Policies & Procedures.
• Direct the entire range of activities in finance and accounting to ensure that reporting and accounts preparation is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Implementation of accounting standards to ensure compliance with local government and IFRS regulations.
• Preparation, supervision and approval of weekly and monthly journal entries, accrual reports, balance sheet, profit and loss reports, cash flow and aged debt
• Reviews financial data and prepare accurate monthly and annual reports for the management team.
• Establishes and maintain financial governance policies and procedures for the company.
• Provide financial oversight, control and approval for purchasing.
• Reviews, monitors, and reports on financial performance and budgets.
• Providing and interpreting general financial information
• Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future financing needs or expenditures.
• Formulating strategic and long-term business plans with the management team.
• Researching and reporting on factors influencing business and financial performance
• Analyzing potential competitors and market trends.
• Developing financial mechanisms that minimize commercial risks
• Conducting internal reviews and evaluations to identify cost-reduction opportunities
• Interfacing with local authorities to resolve any taxation issues as needed.
• Developing and maintain effective external relationships with appropriate contacts such as external auditors, banks, consultants, insurance, vendors and other government or statutory organizations, solicitors, customer representatives, vendor representatives etc.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including financial performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Implement financial KPIS to support company operations relating to vendor payments and accounts receivables.
• Maintain a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard company assets, improve operations and profitability and manage business risk.
• Generates and reviews financial reports that are linked to the plan’s financial goals.
• Provide financial expertise, guidance and direction to company employees to improve operational and financial performance.
• Perform operational and financial analysis within business units and present findings and recommendation to the management team.