“The European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS)
Primary School Principal
The “European Azerbaijan School” Education Complex” LLC (EAS) is seeking a qualified and experienced Primary School Principal to lead the development of EAS primary school. The position is available commencing August 2020.
Key Relationships (Internal/External): Head of School, IB PYP/IB DP Coordinators, Senior Leadership Team, Grade Level Leaders, Primary Teachers and Associate Teachers.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Ensures the school Mission, Beliefs, and Objectives are well articulated within the primary school.
2. Ensures high expectations for all members of the primary school, including staff and students.
3. Supports the continuous improvement of the primary school and the development of a shared vision of learning and action.
4. Models strong instructional leadership by maintaining a strong professional culture with a focus on continuously improving teaching and learning.
5. Works closely with the primary school leadership team (counselors/assistant principals/grade level leaders) and teachers to ensure that rigorous instruction and curricula are the norm.
6. Monitors initiatives closely and supports measures that support continuous achievement gains closely tied to whole-school objectives and initiatives.
7. Manages the daily operations of the primary school.
8. Leads the IBO Primary Years Program Coordinator and the Curriculum Coordinator to ensure program adherence and vertical and horizontal curricular articulation and alignment.
9. Works closely with the administrative staff and the Business Office to maintain a fiscally sound primary school.
10. Oversees the hiring of primary staff and works closely with the primary school assistant principals to ensure ideal learning environments are valued. Advises the Director on annual recruiting needs.
11. Works collaboratively with the administrative staff to ensure health and safety of all students is paramount.
12. Collaborates with primary school families to ensure that diverse community interests are called upon and have impact on the primary school.
13. Collaborates with the Curriculum Coordinator on issues of curriculum development.
14. Assists the PYP Coordinator with the implementation of the PYP.
15. Takes initiative to inspire and develop professional development opportunities for all staff tied to programmatic, curricular, and/or objective-based initiatives.
16. Chairs weekly leadership team meetings.
• Holds a Master’s degree from an equivalent university in administrative leadership or related educational field;
• Prior experience as an elementary school principal; Prior experience as a PYP principal preferred;
• 2 years’ senior or middle leadership in a similar setting.
• International school experience is highly recommended;
• Previous IB experience is desirable but not mandatory;
• Excellent knowledge of English (Cambridge equivalent C1)
• Is ethical and acts with integrity;
• Understands that student learning is at the center of our educational programs;
• Is nurturing of adult and young learners;
• Understands and has experience with Early Childhood education and development.
• Knowledge of international accreditation, inspection and evaluation frameworks;
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written form;
• Educational leader and decision making, solutions focused;
• Knowledge of child protection and health and safety;
• Experience in developing and/or sustaining high performance teams;
• Highly effective relationship management with a variety of stakeholders;
• Expert knowledge of IB Standards and Practices, and PYP curriculum framework.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please mention the title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
The deadline for submission of CVs is by July 31st, 2020.
The "European Azerbaijan School" Education Complex" LLC is a private school authorized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The school is offering international programmes for which it is fully authorized. These include the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) authorized in 2017, Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) implemented in 2015 and the IB Diploma Program (DP) authorized in 2015. We are currently working to be authorized in 2020 with the Middle Years Program (MYP) to become an IB World School. The school is also a member of the Council of International School (CIS) network.