Vacant position: Project Manager for Slow Food at the Azerbaijan Tourism Board
Azerbaijan Tourism Board (ATB) is Azerbaijan’s national tourism organization. Our core tasks include the management of the "Holiday in Azerbaijan" brand, innovative marketing in the most internationally promising markets and the transfer of our knowledge of guests and markets to the domestic tourism industry. In this way we make an important contribution to the competitiveness of the holiday destination Azerbaijan.
Currently we are looking for an experienced Project Manager to coordinate ATB´s activities within the EU funded project called COVCHEG. The Project Manager ideally is based in our office in Sheki.
Project description: ATB is partner of the Project COVCHEG “Community-based Value Chain Enhancement in the Greater Caucasus Mountains area in Azerbaijan”, funded by the European Commission, project leader is Slow Food Italy. The project will be implemented in five regions of Azerbaijan: Shamakhi, Ismayilli, Gabala, Sheki and Qakh.
In these territories the project will consider specifically two main intervention sectors, agriculture and gastronomic tourism, contributing to the valorisation of identities and local gastronomy, conservation of biodiversity and cultural heritage, and sustainable livelihoods potential. Through internationally proved Slow Food models, Ark of Taste, Presidia, Earth Markets, Slow Food Travel, the project will not only advance knowledge and skills of beneficiaries but will result in specific food chain development model and tourism products and practices of the pilot districts, and, in overall, will serve as a model for further multiplication in Azerbaijan.
The candidate is expected to take on a leadership role for the development of the Slow Food network and engagement of the younger generation of Azerbaijan into the Slow Food movement.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Autonomously organise and implement project activities, draft reports and coordinate project related meetings with international partners;
• lead a small team within the Slow Food Project;
• Ensures adequate and smooth flow of communication with all project team, partners, experts and consultants in Italy and Azerbaijan, at all times;
• Supports preparation and reviewing of internal documents and written outputs;
• Participates in project field missions, including provision of guidance to team members and consultants, and drafting mission summaries;
• Assist in updating project’s website, social pages and planning and realisation of communication campaigns;
• Coordinates the organisation of local festivals for consumers and producers in the project areas.
• Working knowledge of English and Azerbaijani languages;
• 5 years experience in management of international development projects;
• Experience in organizing and conducting of complex activities such as events, campaigns to varied audiences;
• Experience in the preparation, editing and revision of technical documents, reports, and budgets;
• Understanding of Slow Food values and models is considered a strong asset.
Please send your CV in English with salary expectation to the following e-mail address until August 30, 2020: firstname.lastname@example.org
As e-mail subject please write: Project Manager for Slow Food
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the further stages of the recruitment process.