Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Responsible To: Director
Direct Reports: Workshop Managers, Supervisors, Workshop and Field Service Personnel Administration assistants.
Purpose of Job: Overseeing the operational activities of the Workshops and field service operations, ensure customer excellence and delivery of quality services and HSEQ compliance. Accountability for Profit and Loss for contractual activities.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSBILITY:
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality
- Ensure all risk assessments for each site are conducted in accordance with procedures and specific customer requirements.
- Responsible for complying with the requirements of the QA and HSE Management System through working in accordance with all relevant, Procedures, Working Instructions, Workplace Precautions and controls mentioned in the Risk Assessments
- Ensure all HSEQ documentation is prepared and provided to individuals carrying out their work activities.
- Ensure QHSE Compliance among all workshops and activities.
- Hold regular safety meetings and carry out regular management safety visits. Performing regular site visits to monitor progress of projects against schedule, quality control & health and safety procedures, staff and customers feedback.
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership and improve safety culture in the organization. Participating in and encouraging the development of a positive safety culture with colleagues, subordinates, customer and supplier representatives
- Carry out work activities in accordance with all company and or customer HSEQ requirements and procedures.
- Ensure all workshop test equipment is tested and calibrated.
- Ensure all workshop plant or lifting equipment is certified.
- Schedule regular maintenance and upkeep of the workshop facilities.
- Intervening and not tolerating unsafe acts by others regardless of status.
- Prepare for upcoming audits and evaluate and oversee close out of CAR/NC’S
- Carry out personal risk assessments and any other health and safety requirements to ensure personal safety
- Conduct yourself in a safe manner and in a manner to protect the safety of others
- Oversee the Operations of the workshop facilities and field services at customer locations
- Help company to exceed sales and operational targets. Assist with and create long and short term revenue growth strategies.
- Business development related to workshop activities, foster existing customer relationships.
- Responsible for profit & loss for workshop activities
- Oversee all plans, budgets, policies and procedures related to legal and customer requirements to ensure compliance
- Work with department heads to articulate a clear commercial strategic plan for the group. Provide strong decisive leadership and guidance so that the commercial direction is clearly understood, communicated and executed.
- Ensure cost-effective execution of all contracts.
- Assist with the hiring of personnel for workshops and coordinate competency and training activities.
- Evaluate the performance of workshop personnel on an annual basis.
- Implement, Set and Maintain weekly and monthly production schedules with the workshop team.
- Oversee the implementation of company procedures and quality policies.
- Oversee development and training activities of workshop personnel.
- Holding departmental meetings and providing regular reports to the Director.
- Oversee inventory or all company assets and plant in the workshops
- Interface with and support procurement, accounts and finance departments related to workshop activities.
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships.
- Schedule and hold regular operations meetings for workshop personnel.
- Meet repeating deadlines and targets.
- Implement process improvements which continuously improve “on time delivery” growth objectives and operational efficiencies and which improve workflows through the workshops.
- Combine best practices across all workshop and field service activities.
Administrative / Leadership Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate all work activities of the team to ensure safe and efficient completion of required work activities in accordance with company procedures and customer specific contractual requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, good interpersonal skills
- Creative, hard working and motivated
- Customer focus skills
Competence Assurance System Responsibilities
- Ensure assessment induction process and checklists are completed in accordance with procedures
- Actively participate in the Competence Assurance System to confirm personal competence within job role in accordance with procedures
- Participate in the annual performance appraisal process in accordance with company procedures and within agreed timescales
Internal- Directors, Workshop Supervisors, admin assistants, workshop personnel. Procurement, QHSE, Commercial and Finance.
External- Customers representatives, OEMS, vendors, 3rd party contractors.
For Recruitment Purposes
Essential- Degree or diploma qualification in a mechanical engineering or contracts management.
Desirable- Engineering or technical background preferable
- Min 5 years experience as a Workshop Manager in the Service sector of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Previous experience in working within a multi cultural environment and diverse workforce.
- 5 years plus as a Operations or Workshop Manager in Rotating and Static Equipment Sector of the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Excellent technical knowledge relating to Rotating equipment pumps, compressors, valves and heat exchangers.
- Extensive knowledge of servicing, overhaul and repair of rotating and static equipment.
Job Knowledge /SKILLS/TRAINING
- To be competent user of MS Office.
- Proven track record of developing and growing a business
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, leadership skills, and presentation skills.
- Should possess the ability to drive change.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations.
Please note that you may be requested to undertake other duties from time to time and it is possible that your duties may change over time. You will be expected to co-operate with all reasonable requests. If the changes are deemed to be longer term then this job description will be revised.
Note: Please, indicate position name “Operations Manager” in the subject line of your mails.